Complaint Review:

• Updated: Wed, July 12, 2017

• Reported By: Robert — San Antonio Texas USA
Gene Brown's AABCO Transmission
9045 Grissom Rd. San Antonio, Texas USA

Gene Brown's AABCO Transmission Total Car Care - Ron Guitterez Substandard Workmanship San Antonio Texas

*Author of original report: Corrections for Dates

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I took my car 1993 Mercedes Benz 300D 2.5Turbo to Mr Guttierez to have my transmission serviced in late March 2017.  My initial complaint was a hard first gear upshift to the next gear.  The transmission service included: Flushing  transmision cooler, lines and remove and replace transmission filter and fluid.  Mr Guttierez, after test driving the car, informed me that in his opinion my newly serviced transmission would most likely need to be rebuilt soon.  Within a week, Mr Guttierez proved correct as my transmission plugs broke and transmission fluid had leaked on the street under my car.  I took my car to Gene Brown Transmssion to get my transmission rebuilt.  Mr Guttierez told me a total rebuilt would cost me $3,600.  The transmission was uninstalled, rebuilt then reinstalled. ( Remove, Repair and Reinstall Transmission.  Transmission Overhaul Service with Converter Service ).

On 10APR2017 we settled my account and Mr Guttierez released my automobile.  On 08JUL20017, while getting my 1993 Mercedes Benz 300D 2.5Turbo oil change sevice ( Midas Auto Service Experts, 11227 Culebra San Antonio Texas 78253, 210-688-9542, Invoice Number: 0117326 ), Midas informed me that I had a Transmission Oil leak.  On 12JUL2017, Potranco Automotive Inc, confirmed the Transmission fluid leak.  About 1600, I went to see Mr. Guttierez concerning the situation.  His son said the his father had left the shop for the day due to a dental appointment and to come in the next morning.  I scheduled a appointment with Mercedes Benz of San Antonio the next day (13JUL2017).

After a Courtesy Inspection by Mercedes Benz of San Antonio, they confirmed a Transmission Leak.  Mercedes Benz suggested 2 options.  The first option:  Replace transmssion speedometer drive housing on tail shaft w/ new seals, replace transmssion line crush seals and reseal dipstick tube (Trans Leaking).  The second option: R&R traqnsmission and reseal completely(Trans Leaking).  After Mercedes Benz released my car, I went to see Mr Guttierez and upon seeing me, he immediately became aggressive calling me a thief, liar and, accusing me of stealing his employee.  I tried to show him and explain to him the Mercedes Benz report and request a partial refund for his services.  He stated the warrantee only allowed him to fix the transmission.  I told him that I did not trust him to repair the damage to my transmssion due to him incorrectly reinstalling my transmission.  He told me his was not going to give me a refund period.  Mr guttierez continued to berate me with insults and threats.  Mr Guttierez threatened to sue my for some percieved injustice I had done to him and bullied me out the door. I complied and left his property.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2017 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gene-browns-aabco-transmission/san-antonio-texas-2106474747/gene-browns-aabco-transmission-total-car-care-ron-guitterez-substandard-workmanship-sa-1384949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gene Brown's AABCO Transmission