Complaint Review: Generation KIA Owner: Joseph Catalanotto

• Reported By: Chris — other United States
  • Generation KIA Owner: Joseph Catalanotto
    4825 Sunrise Hwy
    United States

Generation KIA Owner: Joseph Catalanotto Certified Pre Owned Fraud & Engine Failure

I purchased a Certified Sorento with less than 30K miles in Oct from Generation KIA. A month later the engine blew up while I was on the freeway in NC and I had it towed to the nearest dealer, who told me a lack of maintenance caused engine sludge and a new engine would be needed. However, the NC dealer said the master database had no information that the car was certified.

I called Generation Kia who said it was indeed certified but over a week of my repeated inquiries and phone calls has been unable to provide any proof of certification. Without getting a straight answer, I was passed around to Sales Manager George, Service Manager Luann, and someone in service named Manny. I called Kia Corporate and gave them the VIN. They don't have records that it's certified either. I was also initially told by Luann in the Generation Service Dept that her manager said to email her my emergency hotel, car rental and Uber receipts and I would be reimbursed, which I did but so far there has been no refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2017 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/generation-kia-owner-joseph-catalanotto/-11716/generation-kia-owner-joseph-catalanotto-certified-pre-owned-fraud-engine-failure-1414267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content