Complaint Review: Gettington

• Reported By: Cindy — Dewey Arizona USA
  • Gettington

Internet
    USA

Gettington Fingerhut, etc don't know what they are doing. Cost me a credit report penalty Internet

*Consumer Comment: Post Stands...

*Author of original report: They were asked!

*Consumer Comment: They didn't cost you anything

I had been out of work and got behind on all of my accounts. I called Gettington and asked them if there was something they could do. They agreed to a partial payment on my account on the 24th of the month. Never did they say that it was still going to be reported to the credit bureaus. I got notification that they did. Why make arrangements for people and don't tell them they are still going to report?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2017 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gettington/internet/gettington-fingerhut-etc-dont-know-what-they-are-doing-cost-me-a-credit-report-penalty-1387441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Post Stands...

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

It doesn't matter if you asked them.

If you were using whether or not they would report to the credit reporting agencies as a determining factor as to if you were going to get a payment arrangement that tells us that you really didn't need it.  Either that or it really didn't matter as they would have reported anyways.  So while may not be what you wanted to have them report it isn't a RipOff.

They were asked!

AUTHOR: - ()

I'm really glad you know everything.

I ASKED if they reported to credit bureaus with this payment arrangement.

That is the ripoff!

They didn't cost you anything

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

THEY didn't "cost" you a penalty. YOU caused it by not paying the minimum amount due by the due date.

If you say something like "Well if they told me I would get a late payment I would have made the payment"

What that just admits is that you had the ability to pay you just CHOSE not to and basically lied saying that you couldn't pay. Because I can guarantee that you didn't say "Well yes I can pay you, but I have other bills I want to pay before you".

If you say that even if they told you then you still couldn't pay then what is the issue? Yes it would have been nice if they "warned" you, but that is not a RipOff.  By the way if it was really an issue YOU could have asked THEM exactly what would happen.

The other aspect here is what exactly was the "arrangement". If you were hit with a late pay, the first late payment mark
on your credit is 30 days. So you would have had to have been more than 30 days late of paying at least the minimum.

Depending on the arrangement they could have waived the late fee, perhaps they just marked it to stop them from making collection calls.  But rarely would it stop any reporting.  But if you are having issues paying the last thing you should be worrying about is your credit report as that is only needed to get NEW credit..which you don't need right now.