Complaint Review: Getty Images

• Getty Images

Internet
    USA

Getty Images iStock They don't pay Calgary Alberta

*Author of original report: AT LAST!

An amateur photographer, I applied to become an iStock/Getty images contributor a couple of years ago and had my portfolio of pictures accepted. A few got sold but because the amounts were small (and very difficult to understand in terms of what one actually gets) I never claimed the credit. Last year (I think) the presentation of their site was changed - there was now no sign of the financial details of my account and the money owed although my pictures remain for sale (enter Tim Broadbent on their web site to view). I have contacted Getty twice requesting that the money owed be paid and to delete my works from their catalogue. They don't reply of course.

So they have free stock to sell at high rates and never pay the contributors ! GREAT.

I suggest NEVER using iStock/Getty and certainly don't give them your photos to sell.

The site is daylight robbery.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2017 02:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/getty-images/internet/getty-images-istock-they-dont-pay-calgary-alberta-1380510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AT LAST!

AUTHOR: - ()

At last - and probably thanks largely to the Ripoff Report, iStock/Getty have replied and pointed me in the right direction in order to access my account. WHY has this taken them so long?

OK, so I've earned $40 in nearly 2 years. And Getty ???

It was fun to try but I shall not line their pockets further and have requested that my account be closed.

Keep up the good work Ripoff Report!

Thanks