Complaint Review: Giant Eagle (Store 5831)

• Submitted: Mon, April 29, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 29, 2013
  • Reported By: Mikey — Lakewood Ohio
  • Giant Eagle (Store 5831)
    14100 Detroit Avenue
    Internet
    United States of America

Giant Eagle (Store 5831) Bakery Department, Bakery Manager Kelly, Debbie (Bakery), inferior product, subdefective customer service Internet

*Author of original report: The Store Manager Has Resolved The Matter To My Satisfaction (Mostly)

I have a customer-service issue dating back to 9 April 2013. I received underprepared and unfinished product from the store's Bakery Department.  I have contacted Giant Eagle's Customer Service Department using the online Contact Form twice, I have called the toll-free Customer Service number once, and I have expressed my complaint on Twitter. No one has contacted me, shown any concern, or attempted to resolve my complaint in any way. I advised Giant Eagle that I'll never shop tehre again, and posted a vid of me shredding my Advantage Card on Twitter.

This isn't the first issue I've had with the Bakery Department in the Lakewood, Ohio Giant Eagle. They take the complaint and just continue to repeat the same offenses.

I'm posting on RipOff Report because I want to make a public statement about Giant Eagle's  indifference to and disregard for customer care and follow-up. This approach flows from the top down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/giant-eagle-store-5831/internet/giant-eagle-store-5831-bakery-department-bakery-manager-kelly-debbie-bakery-inferi-1047026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

The Store Manager Has Resolved The Matter To My Satisfaction (Mostly)

AUTHOR: Mikey - ()

At 12:37 p.m. today, Michelle, the manager of the Giant Eagle at 14100 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood, called me. She had received a letter from the Better Business Bureau outlining my complaint.

Michelle claims she was unaware of the complaint. I had complained using the Contact Form on GiantEagle.com, then called the toll-free Customer Service number indicated on GiantEagle.com, then complained to @GiantEagle on Twitter. Apparently, no one had apprised Michelle of the complaint.

Michelle solicited the details of the complaint. She remedied the matter by offering a Giant Eagle gift card in the amount of $10.00, which is now in my possession. She also extended a reminder that I may contact her directly if any further issues arise at the Lakewood Giant Eagle.

Please note that, aside form some Bakery Department staffing issues management should address,  this matter is resolved to my satisfaction.