Complaint Review: Gigwalk

• Gigwalk
    1931 Old Middlefield Way, Mountain View, CA 94043
    Internet
    United States of America

This company and Nan Li in particular is refusing to provide my 1099 for the previous year, give information about their tax ID or anything else.

They asked me to fill out W9, which i did, they promised to mail my 1099, but never did. I tried emailing the over and over again to get the form so that i can file my taxes, however they don't respond to emails and don't have corporate phone number.

It seems that this business is a complete scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gigwalk/internet/gigwalk-refusing-to-provide-1099-for-last-year-internet-1044312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

gigwalk's misleading response

AUTHOR: raf - ()

you have eventually resolved the issue (finally send me the paperwork for my taxes), however the information in my claim is not false, you are a terrible company full of arrogant employees. this was not a "mailing issue", the issue here and with your company as a whole is that you simply don't care, i emailed your company repeatedly asking for copy of the paperwork, you simply ignored me. it's only when i went all out and emailed all the upper management and posted my complain on the social media you finally responded and resolved the problem, resolution that took less than 5 minutes.

you never mailed anything to me, i check my mail daily, and how hard would it have been to simply email me an attachment the first time i asked for it or at least to respond to my inquiries. you have a clear disregard for your gigwalkers, why would anyone want to do your lame gigs for pennies and then deal with such arrogant company.

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Gigwalk Response

AUTHOR: Gigwalk - ()

Gigwalk employs 300,000 Independent Contractors across the US, Canada, and the UK.  Every year, the company mails out specific documentation for tax purposes to all relevant workers.  These mailings went out to thousands of workers for tax season.

This individual messaged Gigwalk to let us know that he never received his tax documentation.  We then resent another copy to the same address.  He messaged and let us know that he did not receive it again.  We then provided a digital copy that he could print out directly and this resolved his issue.

The claims here about Gigwalk are false.  Gigwalk operates millions of individual jobs every year, pays workers, and issues out tax documentation promptly.  This was an example of a mailing issue which the company resolved.  Please visit www.gigwalk.com for more information.

Thanks