Complaint Review: Global arranty group

• Global arranty group

Nationwide
    USA

Global Warranty Group Took my money and dissapeared Boston Massachusetts

I bought a phone in August of 2014 from an authorized Verizon retailer.  With it, I purchased "Wireless Protection Program" insurance plan from Global Warranty Group (GWG) instead of the Verizon insurance.  My phone broke once in that first year and it was like pulling teeth trying to get GWG to honor their contract.  Frist they told me that the phone was out of stock, so they would send me a check.  So I went out and had to purchase a new phone for almost $850 after fees.  I expected a check for $650, which would cover the new phone minus the $200 deductable.  They sent me a check for $500 almost 4 months after I filed the claim.

Now my phone is broken again, but Global Warranty Group is nowhere to be found.  I called and listened to a recording telling me that the lines were busy for over an hour.  So, I hopped on line and saw that both their websites are gone or direct traffic elsewhere.

Check it out:
globalwarrantygroup.com/
wirelessprotectionprogram.com/

Now I need to go out an buy a phone at face value.

Where is GWG? What options are availble for myself and other cosumers? Can Verizon be held accountable for allowing their authorized retailers to use scammy insurance vendors? I'm sure others have been taken advantege of as well. Is a class action lawsuit a viable option?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2014 10:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/global-arranty-group/nationwide/global-warranty-group-took-my-money-and-dissapeared-boston-massachusetts-1175005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content