Complaint Review: Global Fine Diamonds

USA
  • Phone: 732-828-3559
  • Web:
  • Category: Jewelers

Global Fine Diamonds, Global Diamonds, Nancy Kowal, Theft, Fencing North Brunswick New Jersey

*Author of original report: Receipts

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Crazy Lady

I bought a 1.5 carat diamond solitaire ring from Nancy Kowal, Global Fine Diamonds.  I made the mistake of sending it back to her with a custom made setting, with the money to reset it.  I also sent 2 pairs of earrings to be reset (from white gold to yellow), and bought a pair of diamond stud earrings from her (which she never sent).  I also sent a .75 carat diamond that I had purchased for my boyfriend.

She stole them all.  She said she wanted to buy back the 1.5 carat diamond, and I told her, "No, it's not for sale."  She claimed that she had reset my diamond ring, and was upgrading the diamond earrings as a Christmas present.  She claimed that she mailed them, but I never received them.  Later, she claimed the package had been found and returned to her.  She had checked everything out, and it was all intact.  She said she would send it again.

Then she said she was going to upgrade the 1.5 carat diamond to a GIA graded 1.75 diamond.  But she never would send it.  She claimed she couldn't get insurance on it.  I told her to send it registered mail, and it could be insured through the post office.  She agreed to do that, and claimed her partner Dina had done that - but she wouldn't give me the tracking number.  Of course, it never arrived.  When she finally gave me the tracking number, several months later, it was a bogus number - the computer at the post office didn't recognize it, even though the computer at the post office generates all registered mail tracking numbers.

Then she claimed she was replacing it with a $30,000 bluish green diamond, smaller than mine, but more valuable.  She did send it, and I sent it to GIA to be graded.  It was a cloudy greenish gray diamond, worth much less than my 1.5 carat diamond (it sold on eBay recently for $674.00).

I sent it back to her as an unacceptable substitute, along with every gift she had ever sent me.  I did not want her to say I had accepted those things as payment for my diamond ring, diamond earrings, and boyfriend's diamond.

She left a message on my answering machine (which I still have) saying to let her know what I want; she always makes things right.  When I talked to her again, I told her I wanted my diamond back, the one I bought, the one I refused to sell back, and my earrings.  She told me my diamond was gone.  She sold it.  I would never get it back.

I reported her to the NJ state police, and they referred it to the Attorney General.  I also reported it to the FBI. My next step is to report it to the US Postmaster General, since all of her thefts were done via US mail.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2014 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/global-fine-diamonds/north-brunswick-new-jersey-08902/global-fine-diamonds-global-diamonds-nancy-kowal-theft-fencing-north-brunswick-new-je-1133015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Receipts

AUTHOR: - ()

I have the receipts.  I have the proof.  I'm not crazy - I'm one of many victims of a crooked jeweler.

You know the jeweler you have to watch because they'll swap stones on you?  Global Fine Diamonds isn't even that subtle.  If you send something to be reset - it's gone.  Sold to someone else.  And you never get any money for the stone, setting, or what you paid for the reset.  If you buy something, you may or may not receive anything.

Do not trust.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Crazy Lady

AUTHOR: Diamond Inc - (USA)

Crazy lady.. Nothing else no say!