Complaint Review: Global International ; Mr. David Elmer Brooks

Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Phone: 876-426-3896
  • Web:
  • Category: Lottery

Global International ; Mr. David Elmer Brooks Lottery Scam, Wire Money, Win Millions, Cash and Car Las Vegas Nevada

I received a call on my cell phone very early in the morning. I didn't answer the call. Later that morning I called back and asked if anyone tried to contact me.

A Mr. David Elmer Brooks, yeah right, told me that I was the winner in a lottery held in Las Vegas Nevada. He said that I had won 15.5 million in the form of a check, 500 thousand in cash and a new car. He further asked for the address to drop off these items to me. I gave him my work and home address.

He went on to explain that at 3:30 pm all these items, cash, check and car, would be delivered to me. All I had to do was wire $599.00 somewhere.

The $599.00 was to cover 1% of the taxes on the monies and car, the 99% left was paid by the company he works for, Global International. I told him that I would see what I could do.

When I hung up with him I immediately got on the internet and started looking things up.

I have no intention on giving him my money but when I read that "silence is a scammers best friend", I thought I should report the incident.

Apok
Sherman Oaks, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2008 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/global-international-mr-david-elmer-brooks/las-vegas-nevada/global-international-mr-david-elmer-brooks-lottery-scam-wire-money-win-millions-cash-399897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content