Complaint Review: Global Travel Group Vacations

• Reported By: Phoenix Arizona
  • Global Travel Group Vacations
    16427 North Scottsdale Road, Suite 145
    Scottsdale, Arizona

It was a very long, and a high pressure presentation. We heard everything they had to say, and we asked questions. We did buy into the vacation travel club (suckers).

After all is said and done, we get our free, all inclusive Mexico getaway vacation for attending the presentation. We tried to use it, and you have to pick 3 different dates. After a few weeks we are told they are booked. So we came up with some more dates, not any good. We phoned them and the dates they gave us were during hurricane season, and we did not want to go during that time. Now, by this time the vacation certificate had expired.

Now after buying the vacation club, you have 72 hours to cancel, but it takes 2 weeks to get your password in the mail. You need that, to go to there web site to see all the different places you can go. During our presentation we signed a paper saying the first place we want to go is San Fransico, and they ask you to do this. We said, we will buy since we have the opportunity to go there. That is where we were married and had our honeymoon. Come to find out you can not go to San Fransico (Bay area). We did everything possible to cancel, they would not answer our phone calls, they have caller ID. So we thought we could have some sort of recourse through our credit card company. Well that did not work either there were so many loop holes. All we can say is "beware" they are scamming people.

Shelly
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2008 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/global-travel-group-vacations/scottsdale-arizona-85254/global-travel-group-vacations-scam-dont-miss-this-one-scottsdale-arizona-370019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Global Travel Group Scottsdale, Arizona Pleased with the results!

AUTHOR: Shelly - (U.S.A.)

Some one from the company did a rebuttal against my report. I responded, and I called them. I have to say they were very nice me, and were very concerned about my issues. I explained I was very upset that we were promised San Fransico (bay area) for our vacations, and now we are told that is not one of the place we can go. After talking with the young lady she said let me see what we can do. After a few days she said someone will be contacting me, and they did. It was Reggie from Global connections out of Kansas, and he gave us dates we could go to San Fransico. We picked one of the weeks he said, and today in the mail we received confirmation of our stay in the bay area. I want to say thank you very much. We are very pleased with the outcome.

Shelly

Let us help you...

AUTHOR: Global Travel Group - (U.S.A.)

Global Travel Group is interested in receiving input from our clients on their experience with our company, the marketing company and promotional items they received for attending our presentation. It is Global Travel Group's goal to provide exceptional service to all of our clients.
Global Travel Group would like the opportunity to resolve Shelly's issues and invite her to contact our office by phone at 480-346-4084 or by email at memberservices@globaltravelgroup.net at her earliest convenience. We appreciate and look forward to the opportunity to provide Shelly with a resolution to her situation.