Complaint Review: Globalinx, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, September 23, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, September 23, 2002
  • Reported By: Klamath Falls OR
  • Globalinx, Inc.
    1483 Chain Bridge Rd.
    McLean, Virginia

Globalinx Inc deceptive business practices barely legal McLean Virginia

In a promotion from Tiger Direct, I received a PHONELINX phone card that I did not want. A couple months later I notice I had recieved two charges from some "GLOBALINX" corporation totaling $104.85! After searching on the Internet as to who in the world "GLOBALINX" was and how it was I owed them money, I discovered that it was linked to the PHONELINX card I had been sent.

Tiger Direct is complicit in this, as well. I did not consent for them to give my credit card number to another company. I believe that should be an actionable offense but apparently it's not.

GLOBALINX makes a habit of engaging in barely legal business practices and scams. Their website is www.globalinx.net. Never sign up for any of their services and if you see a promotion with the suffix, "LINX" BEWARE! You just might end up with $100's of dollars in false charges!

Clayton
Klamath Falls, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2002 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/globalinx-inc/mclean-virginia-22101/globalinx-inc-deceptive-business-practices-barely-legal-mclean-virginia-30889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content