Complaint Review:

• Updated: Fri, November 22, 2013

• Reported By: honestly?123 — Somers Point New Jersey
GNC Somers Point NJ 6033
274 New Road Somers Point, New Jersey USA

GNC Somers Point NJ 6033 Dangerous and inacurate information Somers Point New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Still going strong

*Consumer Comment: Employees

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

This is to all of the individuals that currently shop at Gnc in Somers Point NJ as well as their potential customers.

First the so called experts on nutrition are nothing but scam artists there.  If you ever ask them a serious question about nutrition you will get a bunch of lies that sound good technicaly but lack in pure science.

I had one such experience taking my mother there and receiving bad advice for a meal replacement.  I was recommended soy protein for my mom who was recently diagnosed with cancer.  I will not get too in depth with science here but lets say that soy has been shown to aggravate my moms condition in some cases.  Well that is exactly what happened.  I will not go into details to protect my mothers privacy but I have already contacted a lawyer for legal advice in this matter. I was told by her doctor that the protein may have very well worstened her condition. Please pray for her.

Also the person that recommended this product claims that he is the store owner when he is just a manager that acts like he knows nutrition.  He is from New York and lies lies lies.  He is not the owner and it states on the New Jersey business certificate hanging on the side of the store.  You can reference this online.

I have spoken to many people in the area and alot of them have been scammed.  You can contact me via a comment and I will give you the references on my petition to close that store.

I implore anybody reading this report that you first get all the information from a certified nutritionist or doctor before buying there.  It can be dangerous to do otherwise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2013 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gnc-somers-point-nj-6033/somers-point-new-jersey-08244/gnc-somers-point-nj-6033-dangerous-and-inacurate-information-somers-point-new-jersey-1101398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GNC Somers Point NJ 6033

Still going strong

AUTHOR: Giselle - (United Kingdom)

I came across this report after 2 1/2 years of first responding. For anyone reading this, the store is to this day up and running. And a reminder: let's all take responsibility for our own health and check with a doctor when in doubt. Depending on a store cashier for medical advice is obviously far from appropriate.

Employees

AUTHOR: Giselle - ()

I think you may be unaware that GNC does not have medical doctors on staff.  Who in their right mind, with a major medical condition, would not check with their doctor before using a nutritional product? Most supplements even advise you to check with your doctor. You cannot reasonably blame GNC.  Take responsible for yourself.