Complaint Review: GoDaddy, Godaddy.com

• Reported By: Calgary Alberta
  • GoDaddy, Godaddy.com
    www.godaddy.com
    Internet

Godaddy.com I have just bought a domain thru TDNAM and Godaddy transferred the domain away! Scottsdale Arizona Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact them until you are satisifed

I have bought a domain name partyonus.com from tdnam which is godaddy company. After some normal waiting period I got the domain in my account. After about 2 weeks that, I have received an automatically generated emails which says the domain has been cancelled and then another email about domain transfer request and another one which says the domain transfer completed.

I have contacted to customer support. They told me that someone who has access to my account did that. I told them I am the only person who has access to this account. First I thought some hackers get my user name and password, and I was confident that they can fix that easily.

Later they told me that one of their administrators did that. And I was on the phone with one of their supervisors John Bastian. He told me that they made a mistake and I was not even supposed to have the domain. He said the previous owner wanted his domain back and got it. I don't know how can this happen.

My domain was listed for sale and probably they called Godaddy and offer them some money so they don't need to pay my asking price. And I think Godaddy sold the domain.

I.B.
Calgary, Alberta
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2008 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/godaddy-godaddycom/internet/godaddycom-i-have-just-bought-a-domain-thru-tdnam-and-godaddy-transferred-the-domain-away-351039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact them until you are satisifed

AUTHOR: Josephal - (U.S.A.)

The explanation they listed may very well be correct. GoDaddy seems to have a habit of listing domains as available when they are not (my own experience with one as well). If you have already paid, you need to continue to retierate you either need all of the money back or access to the domain.

Just as a little reminder: U.S. case law makes a trademarked or copyrighted phrase or name protected even if it is a domain. In short, if you register a domain that is a trademark belonging to someone else they have legal rights to prevent you from using it.