Complaint Review: Gogo Inflight

• Reported By: Jason — Washington Washington DC United States of America
  • Gogo Inflight

Internet
    United States of America

Gogo Inflight Gogo Signed me up for "auto-renew" and didn't send any invoices to bill me Internet

I signed up for a 30-day pass from Gogo. They did not visibly indicate when I signed up that I was also agreeing to "auto-renew" on a monthly basis. Yes, it is stated in the receipt email--and perhaps it's my fault for not reading my receipt closely (although who tells you you're going to be signed up only *after* paying them? better to do it before hand, no?)--but then they never send an invoices. NEVER. You keep getting charged monthly without any notice. I try to stay on top of my credit card, but it shouldn't be on me to figure out what I've signed up for. Thank goodness they told me they were raising their rates--that's the only way I discovered I had been signed up and getting charged every month.

When I called to complain, they told me that they had said in the receipt it was on renewal, and that therefore it was my fault. "You should be checking your credit card statements," they said. Screw you guys, you should be telling people you're charging them. What a patently sleazy way to make money, I imagine they get angry "cancellations" of service all the time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gogo-inflight/internet/gogo-inflight-gogo-signed-me-up-for-auto-renew-and-didnt-send-any-invoices-to-bill-me-i-990081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content