Complaint Review: GoKartsUSA.com

• GoKartsUSA.com
    9725 Datapoint Drive, #100
    San Antonio, Texas
    United States of America

GoKartsUSA.com Selling Products Missing Critical Parts & Not Providing Assistance San Antonio, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Missing Throttle Cable on a Kenbar Gokart

My gokart was shipped to me missing critical parts.  All attempts to obtain such parts from said company have been unsuccessful, rendering the kart useless.

The Ken-bar gokart that I ordered from this company was supposed to arrive fully assembled from the factory.  The kart was not fully assembled, and came with no instructions for how to put it together.  After attaching the wheels and other parts to the best of my ability, it became apparent that the kart was missing the throttle cable assembly, which connects the gas pedal to the engine.

I have contacted the company 3 times by phone and filled out 2 help tickets online requesting the parts.  The customer service line is always answered by the same person, Nick Parks, who tells me that he will check on my parts and have them sent immediately. No e-mail responses to my help tickets have been received, nor have any parts, and I am still unable to use the kart.

I have tried to get the missing DVD Operating Instructions, DVD Safety Video, and throttle cable assembly since November 2009.  At this point, I am simply trying to contact the company to return the useless kart and obtain a refund, and there is nobody to take calls during business hours at their 800 number.

This company sold me a product I can't use, and $1,669 later...there is nothing I can do about it.  GoKartsUSA.com is a RIPOFF!  Don't purchase your karts from them...buyer beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2010 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gokartsusacom/san-antonio-texas-78229/gokartsusacom-selling-products-missing-critical-parts-not-providing-assistance-san-ant-549714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Missing Throttle Cable on a Kenbar Gokart

AUTHOR: Gokarts USA - ()

This is Alex and I work at Gokarts USA. Although this complaint was posted January 2010, I wanted to respond even though now it's just about 2014. A missing part is an easy thing to resolve. Just call Jessica at 925-691-0330. Just remember we're in California Pacific Time 8am-5pm Monday thru Friday. We have 6 phone lines

I remember back in the day when Kenbar was building fine quality gokarts right here in the USA. Warranty support was Never a problem. All you had to do is submit a Help Request or Parts Request on our website. You got your parts right away. That's the way it still is today. We have a zero tellerance for parts non-availability. We only carrie products when we are assured of parts availability.