Complaint Review: Gold Coast Productions - David Johnson, Hannah Schwartz

• Reported By: Chicago Illinois
  • Gold Coast Productions - David Johnson, Hannah Schwartz
    Sears Tower, John Hancock Building
    Chicago, Illinois

Gold Coast Productions, On Fire Entertainment, Universal Records - David Johnson, Hannah Schwartz Hired as Personal Assistant for production company and did not pay for hours worked Chicago Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Disgruntled Former Employee!

In response to a Craig's List post, I applied to work as a personal assistant. The position was listed as part-time, 20-25 hours/week starting at $15/hr. for the first month and then $20/hr. after that for a production company that supposedly produced films, commercials and music. I was scheduled to interview with the company manager the day before they wanted me to start working if they hired me.

Conveniently, my interview was canceled at the last minute, supposedly because the president/CEO of the company had a last minute production meeting. I was asked to arrive the following day to begin work anyway monitoring an audition for vocal talent.

For 3 hours that day I sat behind a table with another girl whom he'd "hired." We even filled out tax forms with our social security number on it. Vocal talent did show up that day and audition for him as a result of a separate Craig's List post. He handed out fliers to talent he liked inviting them to a welcome party. I fear to think what happened to those who attended this party - I only noticed a few young female talent receiving these fliers.

This criminal had said they were associated with Universal Records and On Fire Entertainment. These are good names to look out for. I understand Universal Records is real, but not when associated with the other bogus names.

I was never given a phone number, and they didn't have a website. $45 I'm owed but never got. This was over a month ago. The other girl with whom I worked never received compensation either nor any contact back. This is no gray area case - 100% scam scam scam.

Nicole
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2009 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gold-coast-productions-david-johnson-hannah-schwartz/chicago-illinois/gold-coast-productions-on-fire-entertainment-universal-records-david-johnson-hannah-s-453881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Disgruntled Former Employee!

AUTHOR: Gold Coast Productions - (USA)

This negative report was filed by a disgruntled former employee. None of the claims, accusations or information stated is true or accurate in any way.  This individual was hired by Gold Coast Productions and worked for just a few hours.  We were so dissatisfied with her performance that she was terminated midway through her first day.  She was very excited about working for us and thus very disappointed to lose the job so quickly.  Upon being fired, she threatened to "smear" the reputation of the company if we did not re-hire her immediately.  Of course we did not re-hire her, but apparently we underestimated how scorned she was.  She posted this childish, baseless, unprofessional report about our company shortly after we terminated her.  It was just now brought to our attention.  For the record, this former employee was compensated for the hours she worked and none of the claims she has stated are true.  If you read her report, it is clear that the author is scorned, bitter and mentally unstable.