Complaint Review: Gold's Gym Houston

• Gold's Gym Houston
    6511 FM 1488 Rd
    Magnolia, Texas
    United States of America

Gold's Gym Houston ABC Financial Do NOT sign a contract at Gold's Gym anywhere in Houston!! Magnolia, Texas

Do NOT sign a membership contract with any Gold's Gym in the Houston metro area!  Their contracts make it impossible to get out of once you sign it, even if you relocate miles from another Gold's Gym due to economic hardship.  Gold's Gym uses ABC Financial for their billing.

I had to relocate to another state due to economic hardship and I tried to work with ABC Financial to send them the proof that they needed, but it apparently wasn't good enough.

Today I got a call from 'Aldous & Associates Attorneys at Law' claiming to be some law firm and that I had to pay the full-year contract amount of $1000+ dollars or it would affect my credit OR they could choose to pursue legal action against me.  They gave me 2 weeks to pay up.  I ended the phone call and thought about it and called them back.  I asked the kid that answered the phone if he was an attorney.

He said that he wasn't and I asked to speak to one.  He admitted that there is only ONE attorney in his company and that "he doesn't speak to debtors unless they proceed with legal action".  I asked what state Aldous & Associates were in.  His response was Utah.  So...Gold's Gym and ABC Financial hired some thug debt collector posing as an attorney to bully me into paying the contract.  nice!

There are other Ripoff Reports on here about Gold's Gym.  Do NOT sign a contract!!  The gym sucks anyways!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2013 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/golds-gym-houston/magnolia-texas-77354/golds-gym-houston-abc-financial-do-not-sign-a-contract-at-golds-gym-anywhere-in-houston-1035033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content