Report: #208399

• Gold's Gym South Beach
    1400 Alton Road
    Miami Beach, Florida

Gold's Gym South Beach ripoff dishonest Fraudulent Billing Miami Beach Florida

My name is Fabiano and I am really frustrated and sad with Gold's Gym in south Beach, Miami, FL, where I was a member for one year.

I enrolled the GYM in June 2005 along with my girlfriend at the time, Genevieve Mitchell. I have signed one year contract and paid all the fees month to month for both of us until November 2005, when Genevieve was forced to move with her parents in Atlanta because she lost her job and also for medical reasons.

At that time, we both went to the gym together, so we could transfer the membership, as they had told us when signing the contract.

We spoke to the accounts payable at the gym and he agreed to transfer the membership to the gym in Atlanta. He told us we could do that paying no fees or penalties, even sending an e-mail and fax to the gym in Georgia. His name was Danny.

At the end of my contract, I went to the gym to cancel it. ohh my god, they made it so difficult for me to leave. I had to fight with the manager, so I could had it done. I believe this is completely unlawful and give your company a bad name.

Anyhow, I finally went to the gym to got a copy of my cancellation, when I was told everything was settled. One week later, I received a copy by e-mail stating that I did not owe anything to the gym.

Surprisingly, out of the blue, Jason, the manager or owner, started calling me constantly, extremely aggressive, literaly spitting fire, leaving mean messages on my phone, claiming that I stoled money from him. Yes, that is right, STOLE money.

This gym in Atlanta has all the faxes and docs proving we were authorized to transfer at NO COST, but Jason, prefer to harass me for no reason.

I tried so many times to show the facts with no results. For something so small and meanless, it has now become a personal matter.

We are good people, who are/were members for a long time and brought so many other people to join the gym. We should not be treated this way.

I have contacted my lawyer to sue the gym for harassment and I will make public to every newspaper in town how Gold's Gym in South Beach operates. If this does not stop, I will make sure that Gold's Gym in South Beach suffers the consequences of being so extremely unprofessional and vicious.

Sincerely yours,

Fabiano
Miami Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2006 05:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/golds-gym-south-beach/miami-beach-florida-33139/golds-gym-south-beach-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-miami-beach-florida-208399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content