Complaint Review: Good Sam Roadside Assistance

• Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Nationwide
    USA

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Roadside Assistance Failure by Good Sam Nationwide

On Tuesday September 13, 2016 I contacted Good Sam Roadside Assistance as a Platinum 13 year member due to the radiator failure in our Monaco RV. I have never filed a request with Good Sam Roadside Assistance in the previous 13 years. I advised the Good Sam agentt of the issue withe radiator. Good Sam advised that the RV would be towed to a nearby repair facility. I requested that they set up the tow and the facility. We scheduled the tow for Friday September 16, 2016. Agent at Good Sam advised that she would have everything ready and text me at 9 AM on Friday the 16th. Apointment No. # 64829729.

No call or text came at ( am on Friday. I waited and then recontacted Good Sam. I got a new agent - Marisol. She advised that she woul locate a tow and a facility. Nothing done by Good Sam from Tuesday to Friday morning? So the waiting game was on. After nearly 2 hours I am advised that Marx Tow of Gilroy is on the way to our location at the KOA in Moss Landing.

Another hour plus passes and Marisol advises that we will be towed 14 miles north to Airport Auto in Watsonville, CA. Several hours later we arrive at Airport Auto. Our RV is a 40 foot Class A. Airport Auto turns out to be a tiny - TINY - two slot repair facilty with no where to park the RV for repairs.

I contact the owner and ask if knew we were coming in by tow. He says that Good Sam called and told him an RV was coming in and then disconnected. He had no idea what was coming to his shop or what repair was needed for the RV.

The tow company advised that they had to drop the RV. The shop owner put it one block away in a residential area parked on the street. The area is sketchy at best.

At this point I have have an RV that needs a complete new radiator on a diesel rear pusher. The radiator has to be custom built - one to two weeks at best. The RV is not drivable and Good Sam put me at a location that has no storage ability. I am anticipating a call from the Watsonville PD that they will or have towed my RV off the residential street.

I was located 20 minutes form Salinas and twenty minutes from Gilroy. Both have large professional RV repair facilities with ample parking in a secured location.

I am canceling my Good Sam Roadside Assistance and on the advice of the tow truck driver switching to AAA. Thanks Marisol and Good Sam for leaving our RV in a crappy neighborhood with no secured parking at a repair facilty that is not prepared to fix the radiator.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2016 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/good-sam-roadside-assistance/nationwide/good-sam-roadside-assistance-roadside-assistance-failure-by-good-sam-nationwide-1328755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content