Complaint Review: GoTec Financial

• GoTec Financial
    S. 600 E.
    Saint George, Utah

GoTec Financial ripoff, phone tag and rude threats Saint George Utah

I was called and told I was getting a credit card and proceeded through the process of being ripped off. About halfway through the call I was tranferred to an utomated system for the final details. I started getting a sinking feeling. I was writing down phone numbers when the system cut off.

The next day I called the customer service number. They asked me for a verification number, a number I never got because I'd been cut off from the system. They told me to call back in two days, because it would take that long for my information to be in the system without that number.

I called the following Monday and told them I wanted to cancel. They told me I couldn't cancel until I received their package, then I could arrange for a refund. No one iterated their return policy to me even though I called.
When the package came it was the same bundle of useless paper I'd gotten from another company just two weeks before. Nowhere on the matertials was there anything stating a return policy. I typed a letter and packaged it up for return. I wasn't able to mail it until the next week, being as I worked six days a week.

A month later I hadn't heard anything from them and called to find out if my refund was being processed or what.

The operater told me I was ineligible for a refund being as I hadn't called within three days of receiving the package to say I was returning it AND it wasn't postmarked within five days of my recieving it.

I began to get upset and a manager came on the line. I told him that I did not recall having their policy explained to me. I hadn't used any of the materials and hadn't logged onto their website, all things that WERE listed as making it unreturnable on the cover letter.
He simply replied that policy was policy and he would review the tapes to confirm that I had been told, but he was sure it would come out "clean".

It all debased into my becoming too explosively angry to continue and he hung up on my husband.

I thought there was nothing I could do until I discovered this website. Now I have SOME hope.

Roxy
Reno, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2004 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gotec-financial/saint-george-utah/gotec-financial-ripoff-phone-tag-and-rude-threats-saint-george-utah-98566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content