Complaint Review: Grand Central Photo

• Reported By: GG — Seattle Washington United States of America
  • Grand Central Photo

Internet
    United States of America

In March, I ordered a professional L series Canon lens through the website, paid and was miffed that I was shown no invoice receipt.  It only gave me an order number.  I pressed the Back button and nothing was there.  That was my first warning, the fact that I'd just paid $800 into a website that gave me no proof that I just paid for something.  I got the standard call a few days later that there was an "issue" with my order.  Tried to upsell me, warranty, battery, out-of-stock now, blah blah blah.  Three days and three reps later, I was promised an L series with a higher zoom range and for $100 less that was in stock.  They said it was a gray market product but in new packaging.  What I received was a cheap $300 standard kit lens.  I called, left messages, sent emails for SIX MONTHS trying to get them to at least refund me the difference in price of what I paid vs. what I received.  Just found out they have "closed their doors" and my emails are now bouncing back.  I am so angry!  PS. Buy Here Photo: www.buyherephoto.com has the SAME working practices, according the reviews and I'm betting the same scam artists have set up the new site.  The experiences, web layout, hours of operation, everything looks almost exactly the same as Grand Central Photo!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2011 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/grand-central-photo/internet/grand-central-photo-buy-here-photo-bait-and-switch-fraudulent-charge-no-refund-internet-776655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Buy Here Photo

AUTHOR: Scammed in Destin - (United States of America)

Husband wanted to give me an L series Cannon lens. Husband called this company and takled to Alex who convinced him to purchase a different model. I got online after he ordered and showed him he overpaid $300! I called Alex back(extension 7003) within 5 min and was repeatedly put on hold with no answer. I was also sent to voicemail which was full. I finally got Alex 45 minutes later and said I wanted to cancel the order. He told me "Too bad you will have to take it up with collections!" He was viciously rude, would not give me his last name, was coy, condescending and argumentative.
We called the credit card company to flag the account, report the problem and they tried to call Buy Here Photo with me on the line. Again the Buy Here Now representative, this time not Alex, had the same condescending attitude, was rude to me and the credit card company.
Fortunately we have red flagged the problem, but I am sure they will find some way to scam the credit card company and us. They are a disgusting excuse for a business, I would not recommend anyone do business with them ever!! Stay Away! Stay Away and Beware!

Buy Here Photo

AUTHOR: photobug - (United States of America)

I am going on my fifth month waiting for my camera. Customer service is AWFULL!! No direct answers to direct questions, conflicting answers from different sales reps (I have logged more that a dozzen calls, and 6 emails). Also no order confirmations including price. Rediculous prices on accessories and the usuall hard sell or switch to this camera as its better (and in stock!!).

Its the worst customer service I have experenced. Attitude.. Attitude ....

STAY AWAY!!!

Saturday Closures

AUTHOR: EN - (United States of America)

One comment on the original report suggested buyers should avoid any business that closes on Saturday. However, for religious reasons, some reputable businesses do close at sundown on Friday and reopen on Sunday morning.  B&H Photo, widely recognized as one of the best photo suppliers in the US, is one example.

Oy Vey!

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

And I'll bet they closed on Saturdays before they closed for good. Why on earth didn't you dispute the charge with your card issuer in time before the clock ran out?

The majority of folks who keep these shysters alive are usually looking to get something for an unreasonable discount that no legitimate store or authorized dealer will sell it for, and even many authorized dealers are unscrupulous and the manufacturers rarely step in to put a boot up their butts.  Nor do the payment processors, who single handedly could put all these thieves out of business by refusing them the ability to accept credit cards.

The only safe place to buy is from the strong lady dot com.  And if the site you're on closes on Saturday, close your browser and look elsewhere.

Found another similar site: www.bestpricephoto.com

AUTHOR: gypsybutterflyy - (United States of America)

Grand Central Photo, Buy Here Photo and Best Price Photo.  The hours of operation, customer service hours, general layout are extremely similar, as well as the reviews.  Did I mention the copyright on the new sites is 2011?!  Buyer beware!