Complaint Review: Great Insights / LinkShare Corp.

• Submitted: Mon, May 05, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 05, 2008
  • Reported By: Brookwood Alabama
  • Great Insights / LinkShare Corp.
    215 Park Ave S. Floor 8. New York, NY 10003
    New York, New York

*Author of original report: Great Insights, LinkShare, LinkShare Corp. Mailed Unsoicited $4880 Check for me to deposit New York City Or San Franciso New York New York - Update

I received an unsolicted check for $4880 fromLinkShare Corp / from a Marketung Group - Great Insights the middle of April 2008. I was instructed to call Patricia Phillips 9647-436-1400 Ext 3 to get detailed instructions for the use of the check as a Research Personnel Consultant or Customerr Serivce Evaluator.

I made the phone call and left a message. It was not returned until May 2. She apologized for taking so long. She told me she would activate the check on the day I told her I would deposit it and that I should call to tell her how many days they would hold the check. Then she would giver me more detailed instuctions about my probation task.

I was to spend $20 at Burger King and $120 at WalMart.I was to send a Money Gram for $2100 (99.00 fee) and a Western Union Transfer for $2932 (Transfer fee 99.00) and $400 for me.

I was driving when she called me so I reservied my questions for later. I questioned why they would send me a check this large to test me with and without any check of my integrity. I wondered how they could take this chance and whether this was ethical. So I didn't deposot the check.

I talked to several trusted friends who shared my concerns but knew the questionaire was common to secret shoppers reports received by previous employers. One friend suggested that I search the internet before I do anything and I found this sight. Both reports sound like the nightmare I was being set up for. I am thankful for this sight because I cannot afford to lose this kind of money.

Suzi
Brookwood, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2008 01:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/great-insights-linkshare-corp/new-york-new-york-10003/great-insights-linkshare-linkshare-corp-mailed-unsoicited-4880-check-for-me-to-deposit-330518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Suzi - (U.S.A.)

I found the envelope and it was postmarked 4/22/2008from Coppell, Texas 75099.The return label says: Nancee Shanks
11713 Charlotte Lane
Frisco, Texas 75035

Dummy me, they gad used basic labels you could easily make at home and the one for me said Suxi Lee or Current Resident. who would mail a $4880 check to Current Resident???