Complaint Review: Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority

• Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
    1240 West 6 Street
    Cleveland, Ohio
    USA

Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority GCRTA RTA Rude, Passive-Aggressive, Incompetent, Subdefective, No Customer Service, No Accountability, no Consequence, Management Condones and Encourages Cleveland Ohio

RTA is the worst organization since the Third Reich, and its drivers have always been and still are the utter scum of the earth and the lowest form of life that can still be considered human.

Here are some details from my online complaint about driver Latoya:

I boarded the coach and asked Latoya (RTA Operator #102858) in plain English, "This is eastbound, yes?" She refused to answer. I rephrased the question: "Is this bus going [westbound] or [eastbound]?" She rudely stated that she was going [eastbound]. Then, she said "How was I supposed to understand when you were asking me a question in another language?" I don't speak any other languages, and I told her I was speaking to her in English. Then, she said I was rude. When I  told her to take being a b**** somewhere else, on top of all the other many liabilities she set herself up for, she threatened and attempted to intimidate me by stating the camera heard me "call her a b****", and so did the other passengers (there were two or three, nowhere near  the front of the coach, and not even paying attention).

This is standard conduct among RTA drivers, with no accountability and no consequence whatsoever because it's tacitly condoned and, by default, encouraged by management.

Latoya's behavior was discriminatory toward me as a White male over 50, and potentially discriminatory on many other levels. What if I were speaking in a language other than English? The demeaning nature of her question and the tone she posed it in would have been discriminatory. She should have said "I can't understand what you're asking me" or something equally civil.

What if I had a speech impediment due to stroke, being hearing impaired or deaf, or for some other medical- or health-related reason? Her conduct would have been discriminatory because she represented herself as the foul, low-grade savage that she is.

What if I were visually impaired or illiterate and couldn't read the destination sign at the front of the bus? I'm pretty sure the ADA is in place (with respect to visual impairment) to prevent the kind of treatment that Latoya thought was acceptable.

None of the above circumstances apply to me but, in my rush  to board the coach, I have gotten on the wrong one and have been stuck riding all the way to Crocker Park.

This isn't the first time I've been subject to this type of abuse by RTA personnel, or the first time I've brought it to management's attention. The last time was also on the eastbound 25, probably on the same run. I notice the previous driver hasn't been on the 25 since I complained about him, but I'm sure that only means he's carrying on the same way on another route. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a raise and a promotion to go along with his new assignment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2017 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/greater-cleveland-regional-transit-authority/cleveland-ohio-44113/greater-cleveland-regional-transit-authority-gcrta-rta-rude-passive-aggressive-incompet-1360406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content