Complaint Review: Green Dot Prepaid Cards

• Green Dot Prepaid Cards

Passadena, California
    USA

Green Dot Prepaid Cards Scam Passadena California

I purchased a Green Dot reloadable debit card in mid-December 2016. Registered the card online and received a confirmation email. $795 service charge was deducted from my initial $20 deposit.

Subsequently I tried serveral times to set up direct deposit, which is an essential reason behind my decision to purchase the card. Every attempt resuted in an error message.

Contacted Customer Support (twice) to get help. Was informed personal information could not be verified and the account would be closed. I was never informed there was any problem with my registration. Asked what information was causing the problem, and offered to provide whatever was missing or incorrect. The customer support reps could not/would not assist, nor would they connect me to a supervisor.

I requested a full refund and was told that was not possible to provide. The card is useless and I was never able to use it.

$7.95 may not seem like a big deal, but for me, it is. AND if they are doing similar things to hundreds if not thousands of people, it amounts to a lucrative scam that should be shut down.

I hope you can help me get help from Green Dot, recover my funds, and warn other people. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2017 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/green-dot-prepaid-cards/passadena-california/green-dot-prepaid-cards-scam-passadena-california-1347637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content