Complaint Review: Green Tree Data

• Reported By: Reisterstown Maryland
  • Green Tree Data
    PO BOX 50480
    MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota

Green Tree Data Set-up a false account and billed me on my phone bill. MINNEAPOLIS Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Government

I received my phone bill last night and noticed a strange charge of $8.43 under miscellaneous charges. I called Verizon and they said the charge was from a 3rd party and to contact them directly. I called Green Tree and they said that I set-up an account with them on May 18th for a voice-mail system. Voicemail is included in the phone charges through my Verizon home account as well as my cell phone. Why would I (or anyone else for that matter) want to use this product? I cancelled the fraudulent service and told them to credit all of the charges. I will be short paying my Verizon bill in the meantime. It should be illegal for companies to bill you through your phone bill. Verizon becomes the collector and I am put in a situation where I cannot fight them when it's another company that is responsible.

Jen
Reisterstown, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2009 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/green-tree-data/minneapolis-minnesota/green-tree-data-set-up-a-false-account-and-billed-me-on-my-phone-bill-minneapolis-minneso-469463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Government

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Get the government to change the law then. Billing third party companies on your phone bill is because of federal law. The phone company is required to let these companies tack on bills.

Did you click on any pop-ups in the internet and enter yoru phone number for anything? That's usually where these scams come from.