Complaint Review: Green Tree Finance Service

• Green Tree Finance Service
    PO Box 6172
    Rapid City, South Dakota

Green Tree Finance Service Thieves... Ripoff company Rapid City South Dakota

I and my husband used this company that was suggested by a company that we used to put siding on our home and to install two new bay windows. We were young at that time and had just purchased our first home.So we went along with this company thinking that they were honest . Well we financed the work done on our home for 19000.00. Now this was back in 1998.

Our payment has not moved since then we still owe about 18000.00. We have paid them each month and we might have been late once or twice, but we always paid. Out of the 300.00 payment only about 90.00 goes to the principal. If you send more than what they ask for and tell them to apply it to the principal only they do not do so. Do that make sense...I don't think so.

We have refinanced our mortgage and tried to add them into the change and they refused. We have had encounters with their reps, and they are rude and nasty, to the point where they hang up on you. I am wondering if they are really a legit company due to the fact the credit reports has no listing of them. I am wondering what can I do because at this rate we will never finish paying this bill. Even though I think or should I say I know we have already paid our bill. I am in agreement with anyone that wants to take legal actions.

Wanda
East Hartford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2009 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/green-tree-finance-service/rapid-city-south-dakota-57709-6172/green-tree-finance-service-thieves-ripoff-company-rapid-city-south-dakota-459671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content