Complaint Review: Greenbrier International, Inc.
Greenbrier International, Inc. The product E-Z Cake In A Cup set my microwave on FIRE, SMOKE FILLED MY HOUSE. tHIS PRODUCT IS UNSAFE Chesapeak, Virginia
*General Comment: EZ Cake in a Cup no problem
Within 60 seconds smoke began to come out through the vents in my microwave. I immediately open my microwave and the smoke filled my entire kitchen. This Product it unsafe and should not be sold. I have a 3 year old son which I hade to take outside to refrain him from breathing in all the smoke.
Once I aired out my trailer I decided to clean my microwave. Even after scrubbing and I mean scrubbing the entire microwave was still a yellowish-orange color. It was white before using this product! After about an hour after this incident I attempted to reuse my microwave, It was Not successful. My microwave did not work.
This product cost $1.00 at the dollar tree and it is going to cost me any wheres from $50- $100 to replace my microwave. I called the Oswego store and explained to them what had happened. The cashier was very pleasant and told me she would pull this product of the shelves there and contact her district supervisor. Unfortunately this does not help Individuals who already bought this product, as I did.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2012 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/greenbrier-international-inc/chesapeak-virginia-23320/greenbrier-international-inc-the-product-e-z-cake-in-a-cup-set-my-microwave-on-fire-sm-952006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: