Report: #952006

Complaint Review: Greenbrier International, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, October 07, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 08, 2013
  • Reported By: Cassanadra — Oswego New York United States of America
  • Greenbrier International, Inc.
    500 Volvo Parkway
    Chesapeak, Virginia
    United States of America

Greenbrier International, Inc. The product E-Z Cake In A Cup set my microwave on FIRE, SMOKE FILLED MY HOUSE. tHIS PRODUCT IS UNSAFE Chesapeak, Virginia

*General Comment: EZ Cake in a Cup no problem

I BOUGHT A PRODUCT Called , E-Z Cake In a Cup from the Dollar Tree in Oswego New York. on 10-7-2012.  I followed the simple direction on the back of the cardboard cup and place it in my microwave as directed for One Minute.

Within 60 seconds smoke began to come out through the vents in my microwave. I  immediately open my microwave and the smoke filled my entire kitchen. This Product it unsafe and should not be sold. I have a 3 year old son which I hade to take outside to refrain him from breathing in all the smoke.

Once I aired out my trailer I decided to clean my microwave. Even after scrubbing and I mean scrubbing the entire microwave was still a yellowish-orange color.  It was white before using this product! After about an hour after this incident I attempted to reuse my microwave, It was Not successful. My microwave did not work.

This product cost $1.00 at the dollar tree and it is going to cost me any wheres from $50- $100 to replace my microwave. I called the Oswego store and explained to them what had happened. The cashier was very pleasant and told me she would pull this product of the shelves there and contact her district supervisor.  Unfortunately this does not help Individuals who already bought this product, as I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2012 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/greenbrier-international-inc/chesapeak-virginia-23320/greenbrier-international-inc-the-product-e-z-cake-in-a-cup-set-my-microwave-on-fire-sm-952006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

EZ Cake in a Cup no problem

AUTHOR: jcguppy - (United States of America)

I bought four EZ Cake in A Cup from Dollar Tree made by Greenbrier International.  I properly unwrapped the cup and followed the directions as printed on the package.  I did this for all four cakes.  I did not experience any of the issues mentioned in another post.  I didnt not have to air out a trailer as I live in a real house.  I found the cake to be nice, moist and taste somewhat a cross between angel food cake and a waffle. Nice texture and very fun to make.  I even had my 8 year old follow the directions and did not have any issues.

Great product. No Ripoff with my purchase.