Complaint Review: Greyhound bus lines - Springfield, MO

• Greyhound bus lines - Springfield, MO
    2425 E Kearney St
    Springfield, Missouri
    USA

Greyhound bus lines - Springfield, MO This franchise does NOT honor agreements made with corporate Greyhound Springfield Missouri

The bus for my return trip to New Jersey was more than an hour late getting in and just before finally boarding I was told there were no seats left, but I could wait another six hours for next bus and then start my 30 hour trek back home.

Management refused to honor the Priority Boarding ticket that I had paid extra for, an additional fee that was supposed to guarantee this very thing wouldn't happen,  waving me off with a defiant "We don't do priority boarding here".

When I protested and pointed out the extra fee I paid, that didn't matter to them at all.  "We're a franchise and you bought that ticket online through the corporate office, not through us". That somehow relieved them of any responsibility to honor the ticket!

So this Springfield franchise won't hesitate to thumb their nose at whatever agreement Greyhound has made with a customer.

Because I had other commitments, it was necessary for me to purchase airfare, an additional night's lodging, taxi service (rental car had already been returned), etc that totaled well over $900.00 that would not have been necessary had this Springfield branch of Greyhound honored the ticket I had paid extra to purchase.

If a close friend asked for my recommendation for travel and the only two options were Greyhound and hitch-hiking, the choice would not be Greyhound.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2017 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/greyhound-bus-lines-springfield-mo/springfield-missouri-65803/greyhound-bus-lines-springfield-mo-this-franchise-does-not-honor-agreements-made-with-1389735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content