Complaint Review: Greyhound Bus Lines

Internet, Texas
    United States of America

Greyhound Bus Lines Online Booking Gift Charge Internet, Texas

*Consumer Comment: The Greyhound Gift Ticket Fee Does Not Stand Up to Scrutiny

Today I purchased a round trip Greyhound ticket for my grandson in Grand Rapids, MI.  to travel to Toledo, OH.  When I filled in my credit card info up popped a notice of an $18.00 gift charge.  This ticket is not a gift.  But I decided just this one time to go ahead and book.

As I accessed the ticket info and itinerary e-mail, there was another notice of a $15.00 fee if the person picking up the ticket can't show the credit card used to purchase it.  Duh, the credit card is at my house, not in Grand Rapids.

So now, my $74.00 round trip ticket is costing $107.00.  I could have driven to Grand Rapids and back for the amount of money.  And, I wouldn't have felt taken advantage of.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2011 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/greyhound-bus-lines/internet-texas-/greyhound-bus-lines-online-booking-gift-charge-internet-texas-726805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

The Greyhound Gift Ticket Fee Does Not Stand Up to Scrutiny

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

Over 7,500 people have signed an online petition asking Greyhound to end this practice. Learn more about the petition at: http://www.change.org/petitions/greyhound-eliminate-the-18-gift-ticket-fee