Complaint Review: Greyhound Lines

• Reported By: Faith — Sonora California
  • Greyhound Lines

Nationwide
    USA

Greyhound Lines Lost my mother's luggage and has not replaced it after 8 months of the incompetent staff losing paperwork Dallas, Texas - corporate office Nationwide

Greyhound lost my mother's luggage (who is 84 years old and hard of hearing) on 12/7/13 and we still have yet to receive a refund on the lost luggage. The original claim was filed on 12/11/13 and we received correspondence from Greyhound on 2/13/14 stating they received the claim and needed more info...names the bus ticket and baggage claim info.

First of all, why wouldn't the Greyhound stating copy the baggage and bus ticket info when my mother filed the claim on 12/11/13? Also, Greyhound had my mother's name wrong. My son sent the bus ticket and baggage info along with my mother's correct name to Greyhound. We were told it would be 7 to 14 days for us to receive the refund.

We then heard from Greyhound on 4/9/14 requesting us to file another claim because they couldn't locate the original claim. My son, my mother, and I travelled an hour to the nearest bus station to file another claim on the existing claim. We did this on 4/26/14. We were told it would be 7 to 14 days to receive the refund.

We have heard nothing from Greyhound and it is 8/11/14. I called Greyhound today and talked to Hillary and John. John stated that they still do not have all the paperwork to process the refund. Are you kidding me? We have continuously mailed and completed information for Greyhound and they keep losing the info.

Again, they said it would be 7 to 14 days for us to receive a refund. I've heard that before and have seen nothing but excuses from Greyhound that they don't have the paperwork yet we keep sending it to them.

This is total unacceptable customer service and I'm beginning to think Greyhound is doing this on purpose so they can steal luggage from unsuspecting senior citizens. How can a company have such incompetent staff unless they are doing something shady?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2014 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/greyhound-lines/nationwide/greyhound-lines-lost-my-mothers-luggage-and-has-not-replaced-it-after-8-months-of-the-in-1169031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content