Complaint Review: Greystar Management

• Submitted: Sat, January 14, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, January 14, 2012
  • Reported By: Kyosco — Phoenix Arizona U.S.A.
  • Greystar Management
    3800 N El Mirage Rd
    Avondale, Arizona
    United States of America

Greystar Management Mirabella Apartments Cold Blooded Property Managers Avondale, Arizona

I have lived happily in this Apartment complex for a year and a half, not once late on the rent, then in October I lost my Job leaving us with only my husband's paycheck. Then January hit and his hours were not enough to cover the whole rent.  We rightfully so recieved a 5day notice, my husband explained what was going on and we wanted to give them what we had for the rent but they wouldn't take it, Now it is the 2nd week of January and we are already in the eviction process, even the women from the church I called for help couldn't believe it. We had every intention of having the rent completely cleared up by my husbands next paycheck, but now they have added late fees daily and lawyers fees. We have no family to help, no friends who can help and no place to go I did get a job so we will be back on track again but greystar doesn't seem to have any compassion. I could see if we were habituallly late or bad tenants then I could understand not working with us. I also understand they too have a mortgage, but it wasn't like we were not going to pay at all or make this a habit.

Now we are scrambling to find out what we can do to A get all of the money which is growing daily so we will never catch up ( not to mention by the time we do rent will be due again)and B figure out where to go if we are booted out and how fast we need to get out and how to get our stuff out of here. Such a shame this complex is really a nice place to live but with this new management company I just don't know what will happen, I now know why some people said they were getting out while they can when they heard this new company was taking over. Guess we  should have followed suit. I have not slept in a while and always afraid and in tears. trying to focus on learning a new job, and now trying to prevent being homeless

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2012 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/greystar-management/avondale-arizona-85392/greystar-management-mirabella-apartments-cold-blooded-property-managers-avondale-arizon-822864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content