Complaint Review: Grubhub

• Grubhub

Nationwide
    USA

Grubhub Lies to Get Your Money Nationwide

After not ordering from Grubhub for about a year, they started sending me e-mails last week, saying that if I would "come back" (order from them again) they would send me a $5 iTunes code. I got virtually the same message from them five or six days in a row. The ubject line: "Come back and get a $5 iTunes® code."

Finally, I figured, why not? The $5 will just about cover the amount I'm over-paying for my pizza. When I didn't get my code within five days as promised by the e-mail, I contacted customer service, who had the bloody cheek to claim that the promotion was to be *entered into a drawing to win* a $5 gift card. Which is absurd on its face. Who ever heard of a raffle for $5? It's just bloody ridiculous.

They offered the iTunes gift card as a gift-with-purchase, reneged, and now they're claiming, after the fact, that it was actually a "sweepstakes". [continued below]....

..... Please!

Here's the exact text from the e-mail, including the fine print. Notice there is no mention whatsoever of a drawing, random selection, contest, or any similar concept:

"Turn the Taste back on with a $5 iTunes® code from us

Weve missed you, and were not just saying that. To prove it, after youve placed your order, get a $5 iTunes® code and download something great.*

Enter code iTunes5 at checkout. ORDER NOW

* Qualifying Orders must be placed at grubhub.com or Grubhubs iPad®, iPhone® or Android apps by July 7, 2016 using the codeITUNES5, with your Grubhub account associated with the email address at which you received this email. Qualifying Orders must not be cancelled. Subject to your compliance with all applicable terms, you can earn one (1) $5 iTunes gift card, which will be emailed to you within five (5) days of placing your Qualifying Order. Redemption of the gift card is subject to rules and restrictions, and it is not redeemable for cash, except in Grubhubs sole discretion. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion."

This is beyond deceptive marketing, this is fraud. Sure, it's only $5, but it's the principle. I only agreed to overpay for my food with the expectation of getting some of that money back. I'll definitely never use Grubhub again, and I would encourage others to just spend an extra five minutes googling for a restaurant, instead of supporting GH and their lies.

GrubHub

Tip for consumers: Why pay more for the same food? Order straight from the restaurant and skip the middle man!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2016 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/grubhub/nationwide/grubhub-lies-to-get-your-money-nationwide-1316221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content