Complaint Review: Hand and Stone Massage Kentlands

217 Kentlands Blvd
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    USA

Hand and Stone Massage Kentlands Membership Scam! Gaithersburg Maryland

I enrolled in a monthly membership for services at this facility and was told that I could cancel at any time. I had attempted to cancel my membership twice, and each time, my account was put on a hold instead of cancelled.

The third time I tried to cancel, the front desk person again tried to convince me to hold or change to a bimonthly plan. I insisted on cancelling and was told that the manager wasn't in, but my cancellation would be processed when she returned the following business day.

Several weeks later, my debit card was charged for the monthly membership dues. I disputed the charges with my bank, and after an investigation, the bank issued me a permanent credit. However, Hand and Stone continues to send me last payment notices for membership fees and is now threatening me with collection activity for services I have not received!

The monthly fee is for a massage or facial each month and must be paid in advance of service. I have not used the services, but they are trying force me to pay them anyway. I thought it was resolved after the bank investigated and concluded that I had been charged for services not rendered.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau who attempted to contact Hand and Stone twice, but they did not response to the BBB. However, Hand and Stone has now initiated collection activity against me.

I just received a demand for payment from a collection agency for 300% of the original disputed amount!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2017 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hand-and-stone-massage-kentlands/gaithersburg-maryland-20878/hand-and-stone-massage-kentlands-membership-scam-gaithersburg-maryland-1372393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content