Report: #691936

• Handyman Club of America
    PO Box 3526, Hopkins, MN 55343-3526
    Minnetonka, Minnesota
    United States of America

Handyman Club of America I play on-line games at pch.games. "My Points" is a scam that got me involved with this company. I accepted a 30-day free trial membership and 1 free magazines. They sent me another magazine NOT or Minnetonka, Minnesota

I enjoy playing free on-line games sponsored by Publisher's Clearing House at pch.games.  They have a "My Points," scam that encourages you to search through "free offers," and receive "points" for accepting these "free offers."

I accepted a 30-day trial membership in Handyman Club of America and received one complimentary magazine in the mail.  Next thing I know another magazine shows up NOT ORDERED!  Then I begin getting multiple bills for a 12 month $12.00 subscription to their magazines.

There was no phone number to call or cancel the subscription.  I finally found a number via ATT Anywho and called the listing for Minnetonka, MN, Billing Center.  This WAS NOT a toll-free call.  I was directed to call, 800-243-7679, to stop the magazine.  This is an automated number with the following options.

1.  Enter your account #.

2.  You get a list of options.

3.  Select "stop my subscription."

4. Then you select a "why"..........  I chose, "I don't remember subscribing.  Funny; they don't    have a "I DID NOT Subscribe option!

You are then disconnected.  Hope this helps other guys that got duped.  REMEMBER, PCH is in the business of SELLING MAGAZINES!!!!!!!  Not making MILLIONAIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll continue playing their video games as long as they are FREE.  But I'll never mess around with their other tricks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2011 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/handyman-club-of-america/minnetonka-minnesota-55343-3526/handyman-club-of-america-i-play-on-line-games-at-pchgames-my-points-is-a-scam-that-g-691936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content