Complaint Review: hardwareworld.com

• Reported By: Frankfort Kentucky
  • hardwareworld.com
    www.hardwareworld.com
    Internet

hardwareworld.com Sent me junk that someone else had already returned Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Issue handled and closed

I purchased a rubbermaid lawn cart from www.hardwareworld.com in the later part of april 2008. Their website showed it in stock. The next day my creditcard was billed, and 7 days later I recieved an e-mail from them stating that the item I purchased was on back order and it would be 5-6 weeks before it would ship. They would not refund my money.
Several weeks later in the early part of June 2008, the cart arrived at my house. I started to put the cart together and discovered that the hardware package was missing. I sent hardwareworld.com a message making them aware of this and they ensured me that another hardware package would be shipped out immediately. Several days later I sent them another message asking when I could expect to recieve this hardware package. They replyed that it would be another 4-6 weeks before I would get it.
They will not refund my money, or even return an e-mail now. I strongly advise staying away from this company.

a*s-whole
Frankfort, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2008 08:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hardwareworldcom/internet/hardwareworldcom-sent-me-junk-that-someone-else-had-already-returned-internet-346137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Issue handled and closed

AUTHOR: Hardware World LLC / West - ()

This was an issue cased by a sloppy employee who was let go and this customer was fully refunded and apologized to.  The BBB also monitored this case and closed it as customer satisfied.