Complaint Review: Harris County Toll Road Authority

• Harris County Toll Road Authority

Houston, Texas
    United States of America

Harris County Toll Road Authority Excessive "Administrative Fee" Houston, Texas

Harris County Toll Road Authority has charged me a $33.00 "Administrative Fee" for tolls totaling $1.26  This is a 300% fee! Does that seem fair to you? If I owned a business and tried to charge a fee like that, not only would I be out of business, but surely I would have several law suits pending.

When I asked how I can get the fee removed, they told me I can buy a toll tag for $55 and they will remove the charges. That seems like a strong arm tactic the mafia would use!

There are no regulatory laws or state commissions governing fees over the toll roads in the state of Texas that I know of.  I have no problem taking responsibility and paying for the toll and a FAIR processing fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2012 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/harris-county-toll-road-authority/houston-texas-77210/harris-county-toll-road-authority-excessive-administrative-fee-houston-texas-827733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content