Complaint Review: Hartz Mountain

• Reported By: hattiesburg Mississippi
  • Hartz Mountain
    400 Plaza Dr
    Secaucus, New Jersey

Hartz Mountain Corp Hartz flea and tick drops are DANGEROUS and INEFFECTIVE! Ripoff! Secaucus New Jersey

Hartz Mountain Corp produces thousands of Flea and Tick Drop labeled "For Cats and Kittens 10 lbs or Less." What the packaging fails to mention is that even if you put the drops on correctly, it will probably either injure or kill your cat. It doesn't stop with cats, either. I have heard reports of dogs dying from this worthless junk.

My cat, Sevena, almost died last month thanks to the caring corporate entity known as Hartz. With their dismissive nature, they will tell you that they only have 2 cases a month, and that almost all cases result from improper application of the product. That's a laugh. After spending $200 in vet bills to save my cat from dying a horrible death by poison, I asked him how many cases they see on average.

They told me that they have on average, 4 or 5 cases A WEEK! I do not live in a Metropolis or anything that resembles one, either. They then told me that they cannot believe this stuff is still on the market. Not only does it KILL pets, but it DOES NOT WORK.

Frankly I am just disgusted. When will humanity stop looking at these innocent creatures as insignificant and only here for our pleasure? These are LIVES. My cats are my children. Having to watch Sevena twitch and jerk for 3 days straight drove me insane.

I honestly don't know how to bring down a corporate powerhouse like Hartz without some sort of class action lawsuit that doesn't chicken out and accept a pay off. The key is to tell everyone you know and report the case. Talk to lawyers. Do something. Our dear animal friends deserve it.

Erin
hattiesburg, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2005 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hartz-mountain/secaucus-new-jersey/hartz-mountain-corp-hartz-flea-and-tick-drops-are-dangerous-and-ineffective-ripoff-secau-127041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content