Complaint Review: Harvard Benefits

• Harvard Benefits

Internet
    USA

Harvard Benefits Part-time Recruiter job posted on craigslist Internet

I sent my resume to a job posting on craigslist. There were a few steps, so I will keep it brief and just summarize.

1. your first email back is informing you that there are many applicants, and they need you to repond timely to the first email to be considered for the position. There are 4 questions, nothing seems out of ordinary they just want to know your comfort level performing phone interviews, and if you have a long distance phone provider, and high speed internet.

2. You might recieve a second email that they would like to set up a phone interview for you. You get to select your time slot, and then find out it's really not a phone interivew at all, but you have to sit and listen for 45 minutes a recording about what your position will be, the company, and two products. Then you are told how important it is for your recruiting position to purahce one of their prodcuts "Legal Sheild". It's not required, but you find out it very well might affect if you get the job or not. At the end of the call you are told what your next steps are to compete for the positions. Send an email to your recruiter and provide this information:

1. that you attneded the entire call

2. THat you understand this is a 1099 position, and you accept.

3. That you are interested in Harvard Benefits

4. That you understand the option to enroll in Legal Sheild/Plan, and do you accept or decline.

After sending out the above to my recruiter, I recieved an email that I was now offered the position, but here is what I need to do:

wow very long email, and steps. To keep it brief, the main focus was signing up for the product legal shield/plan. I needed to complete that within 24 hours, but then work on my training with a mentor within the next 3 days......kind of strange. So immediaty I have to provide my ss# and debit or credit card, before even starting the new hire process.

Long story short, do your research!!!

1. you can't even access this website www.harbardbenefits.com  my computer warns me immediatly that this site has been reported as high risk.

2. If you go directly to the Better Business Bureu website, and search for this company, it doesn't exist!!! Yet, they provide a link to the site claiming they are A rated, and that the corporation is listed in Texas. Like I stated earlier, I did not click on the link provided by the compnay, I went direclty to the Better Business Bureau website, and was not able to locate this company.

3. You should never ever have to provide your debit/credit card information for a job!!!!!! Ever!! So please stay clear. If they are indeed a legitate company, then they need to change how they hire new people, because there are way too many red flags in my book.

Good luck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2014 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/harvard-benefits/internet/harvard-benefits-part-time-recruiter-job-posted-on-craigslist-internet-1122748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content