Complaint Review: Hassan Momodu

• Phone: 234-8033271583
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Hassan Momodu ripoff Lagos internet

I recieved an email from this individual about an inheritance of $16500000. He promised there would be no problems as all the legal work would be done by him.
Alarm bells started ringing when he asked me to send him $460 american to help with expenses.

I refused and told him i came from a poor family and there was no way i could come up with any money. I recieved 2 further emails begging for money each a lesser ammount.

He told me thar he would cover the costs as he wanted this over with quickly. All the relevant documentation was sent to me to forward to the union bank of nigeria plc.

An email arrived from the bank from the desk of Mr Goodwin Oboh with a fom for me to fill in and send back to the bank with a processing fee of $850 american with the promise the monies would be transfered t my account within 72 hours.

I sent the form back with a letter refusing to pay the fee an told them they could take it out of the money that was supposedly coming my way and they could keep 80% of the money.

I emailed Hassan Momodu with the same offer. I recieved an email back from him saying he was disappointed that he had spent so much money and i should be able to come up with this money.

I wrote back and told him that it seemed to me that he was going to benifit more than me and there was no way i could possibly come up with such an ammount.
His next email was very insistant and he told me i should mortgage something to come up with the money.
My last email to him i forwarded the report in your website about nigerian rip-offs and have not heard from him since.

I am one of the lucky ones unfortunately there are a lot of gullible out there to keep these con people going.
I am writing this to warn other people that anything that seems to good to be true normally is.

Ian
albury
Australia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2005 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hassan-momodu/nationwide/hassan-momodu-ripoff-lagos-internet-165008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content