Complaint Review: Haynes Furniture

12620 Jefferson Ave
    Newport News, Virginia
    USA

Haynes Furniture Sale of inferior product. Newport News Virginia

We purchased a sectional sleeper set back in 2010, for approximately $850. Recently we noticed that the lower foot runner board in the front was peeling away from the sleeper sofa. I removed the cushions and found that the front board which is nailed into the side boards and had pulled out. It's not much of a surprise since the side board are made from very cheap looking particle board which was split at most of the places the nails penetrated. I was shocked at how poorly this sofa was assembled and that it has broken after only 3 years of very limited use. My family always sits in the love seat and corner portion as they face the TV.

I contacted Haynes customer service and they referred me to the servicer of their extended warranties since I purchased a 5 year extended warranty. However, the warranty only covers the upholstery, not the structure/frame. I called Haynes' customer service once again and explained the situation all over again since they seem to never record previous conversations and/or add notes to customer accounts. [continued below]....

..... I notified them that I would like to contact the manufacturer to file a complaint and see what they could do for me.

The phone number they provided for me was discontinued. Eventually I found out that the manufacturer is out of business. Haynes' would not offer to help me out in any way, even though they sold me an inferior product that they would not stand behind. I would have thought that they could have at least payed for repairs or even given my family store credit. I will continue to notify all of my colleagues and friends about the situation and advise them to steer clear of Haynes. I now only support smaller family run furniture retailers instead. Haynes' has become too large to take the time to solve customer concerns.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/haynes-furniture/newport-news-virginia-23606/haynes-furniture-sale-of-inferior-product-newport-news-virginia-1064743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content