Complaint Review: HDI Simple Escapes, Home Improvement

Nationwide
    P.O. Box 24128, Nebraska

HDI Simple Escapes, Home Improvements Unauthorized Billing ripoff Nationwide

*Author of original report: HDI Simple Escapes, Improvements

Found a charge to my credit card of $149.95 from October 7, 2004 to HDI Simple Escapes. I had not made such a charge, and called 800-839-0098 the number listed on the charge. Its tricky getting to talk to someone. Rather than using the prompts of 1 or 2, use 0 (zero) each time and you will get to speak with someone. I spoke with a Shaneka #17011. She requested my name and address. I told her I had never made the charge on my bill and wanted a credit. She put me on hold briefly and when she came back on she asked if I had placed an order through Home Improvements in September 2003! I said yes I had.
She said at that time I must have signed up for the program and that I would have to take it up with Home Improvements.

I said I remembered them asking about the program and definitely remember saying NO. I told her that I wanted the charge removed from ny credit card. She said it would beremoved in 2 business days. I'll be checking to make sure this truly happens. I'd recommend not doing business with Home Improvements to avoid being enrolled and charged for a program you don't want!

Bill
Keyport, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2004 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hdi-simple-escapes-home-improvement/po-box-24128-nebraska-68124/hdi-simple-escapes-home-improvements-unauthorized-billing-ripoff-nationwide-115023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

HDI Simple Escapes, Improvements

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

The business that signed me up was "Improvements" not Home Improvements.