Complaint Review: Health Alert

• Health Alert
    30 Ryan Court suite 100
    Monterey, California
    USA

Health Alert The 45 Day Health TurnaroundDr. Bruce West Sold my name, address, phone number and e-mail address to virtually every "snake oil" sales company in the world. Monterey California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: DR. Bruce West rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Title: Dr Bruce West Health Alert sells your name when you subscribe

*General Comment: False statement made by smillard — Ozark Alabama

In September 2013 I signed up for a trial subscription to Dr. wests Health Alert news letter. The trial newsletter subscription also included 2 volumes of Dr. Wests book The 45-day Health Turnaround. One Month later I recieved the first Vol and the first news letter. Then just as though the gates of Hell had opened I began receiving Junk mail from virtually every "snake oil" sales company in the world (Newline Center for Energy and Revitalization, Second Opinion, Health Revealations, Premium Research Foundation, Second Opinion, The Imortality Enzyme, Nutrition and Healing, Dr. Wright, Dr. Robert J. Rowen, Essential Health Secrets, Miracle Medicine, just to name a few.)

I began recieving the "monthly" news letter which began coming several times @ month, and turned out to contain nothing that wasn't covered quite adequately in the first Vol of the book. I still have not received my Vol #2 and probably will not since I have cancelled my subscription.

It turns out that Dr. west is just another "snake Oil" salesman. His oil is a line of vitamins, minerals, supplements with secret ingredients that no one else knows about and are only available thru his store. In the meantime he appears to make his real money selling private personal information about his potential customers to anyone and everyone....a tremendous invasion of privacy and breech of his ethics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2013 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/health-alert/monterey-california-93940/health-alert-the-45-day-health-turnarounddr-bruce-west-sold-my-name-address-phone-numb-1100370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
2Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

DR. Bruce West rebuttal

AUTHOR: Tom - (USA)

I want to respond to the false statement that the products that Dr. West recommends can only be obtained from his organization. These are products made by Standard Process Labs that I have used off and on since 1972.  They can be obtained from health professionals and can also be found on the Internet, although Standard Process does require/request that they be obtained legitimately from health professionals.

Dr. West has his fans and supporters and this apparently authoritative source praises him highly.  mnwelldir.org/docs/cardio/cardio15.htm.

I do not have any affiliation with Dr. West but I do subscribe to his newsletter and I try to follow his recommendations, as I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure almost 4 years ago.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Title: Dr Bruce West Health Alert sells your name when you subscribe

AUTHOR: Aileen - (USA)

I read the report from 2013 with the complaint that, when you subscribe to Dr. West's newsletter, they sell your name.  I want to add that they are still doing this.  I subscribed recently to Health Alert and have since been inundated with emails, ads, and other newsletters in the mail, and worst of all, several phone calls a day.  I am operating a business with this phone number, and I am very careful giving it out, so I am really irritated about the phone calls.  The only reason I haven't complained to Health Alert itself is because I am ordering Standard Process supplements from them, and I am experiencing success with the recommendations.  However, I will probably complain directly to them at some point.

#3 General Comment

False statement made by smillard — Ozark Alabama

AUTHOR: Betsy - ()

In his complaint, he remarks that Dr. West sells expensive nutrients which can ONLY be purchased from his store...definitely not true, as I have gotten them for years from a local integrative physician; my daughter gets them from a Chiropractor and they are available on other sites, such Amazon, where I've made couple emergency purchases when my dr. was out-of-stock of something.