Complaint Review: Heliopower Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, June 14, 2017
  • Updated: Wed, June 14, 2017
  • Reported By: seniorvet — San Diego California USA
  • Heliopower Inc.
    25747 Jefferson Ave.
    Murrieta, California
    USA

Heliopower Inc. FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION, BREACH OF CONTRACT Murrieta, California

As a 78 years old retired Navy veteran and businessman, I have concluded  Heliopower to be dishonest and unethical.  During April 2017, I obtained a judgment of approximately $6,000 against Heliopower [HP] alleging fraud, misrepresentation and breach of contract in the Superior Court, San Diego. Thereafter, I faxed the judgment to Maurice Rousso, HP CEO with numerous messages requesting payment and discussion. Mr. Rousso, refused to return my call or have anyone contact me. This, after two HP senior vice-presidents had previously promised me any judgment I obtained would be promptly paid.

My judgment is based on the following facts; in 2009, I contracted with HP and paid for installation of a 7.48kw [7,480 watt] PV residential solar system.  HP charged me $7.78 per watt.  In September 2014, I discovered that HP secretly and intentionally installed a 7kw system- 6% less than I purchased.  This was done by charging me for 44 panels with capacity of 7.5kw but installing a substandard/cheaper inverter with a max. output of only 7kw.  I requested HP install a proper inverter with output of 7.5kw and after several months of numerous requests to its president, HP refused.

During 2015, after calculating my losses in thousands of dollars, I filed a small claims complaint in Superior Court, San Diego, alleging breach of contract, fraud and misrepresentation. HP objected and demanded arbitration stated in the HP contract.  As a result of the HP request, in Feb. 2016, I filed a consumer arbitration complaint with JAMS San Diego and paid my $250 filing fees.  Thereafter, HP refused to pay their filing and processing fees required to move the matter forward.  Therefore, to obtain a preliminary conference with the judge [to set a trial date etc.] in Aug. 2016, I was then forced to pay an initial $1,100 not paid by HP.

Jonah Leibes, the Heliopower Sr. Exec., representing HP, failed to show for that preliminary conference.  HP refused to pay any of its arbitration fees after several notices sent by JAMS.  As a result of HP's continued failure to pay their fee obligation, in Nov. 2016, I was forced to pay an additional $4,460.00 to obtain the trial date. Then, Mr. Leibes failed to appear at the trial hearing.  As a condition of setting a new trial date, HP was forced to reimburse me for the HP fees I had advanced.

Mr. Leibes did appear for the second date set for trial.  As a result, during Dec. 2016, I obtained an arbitration award in my favor on my claims and in April 2017, converted that award to judgment in San Diego Superior Court. That judgment remains unpaid.  All in all, I recommend everyone stay away from Heliopower and do business with a company of integrity.  By the way, if your PV system has a central inverter, check its output against what you purchased.

Udate: As of June 2017, Heliopower has revengefully refused to fix my solar system per contract requirements.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2017 06:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/heliopower-inc/murrieta-california-92562/heliopower-inc-fraud-misrepresentation-breach-of-contract-murrieta-california-1379007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content