Complaint Review: HelloFresh

• Reported By: RC — Jensen Beach Florida USA
  • HelloFresh

Nationwide
    USA

HelloFresh Failed to notify me before charging my credit card $80.00 Jensen Beach Florida

My wife tried to cancel this service several months ago, but instead of cancelling, the account it "paused". Today, HelloFresh charged my credit card $75.00 after months without notice. My wife immediately called to explain that we tried to cancel the service months ago, but HelloFresh refused the refund. Instead, HelloFresh offered us a "free box of food," which we will never use. They are sending the food, but we do not want it and will not be eating it.

We are partially to blame because we should have made sure that the account was completely cancelled instead of "paused". However, it has been months since we used the service. The fact that HelloFresh resumed the service without notice and auto-debit our account for $75.00 after months of inactivity is unacceptable. Likewise, the fact that they refused to refund when we caught the issue immediately is unreasonable.

I would not recommend doing business with this company. But if you do, be very careful trusting them with your banking or credit-card information. Be sure that if you want to cancel that they don't "pause" your account and get confirmation that they will never charge you again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2017 06:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hellofresh/nationwide/hellofresh-failed-to-notify-me-before-charging-my-credit-card-8000-jensen-beach-florida-1404737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content