Complaint Review: Help U Rent

Greensboro, North Carolina
  • Phone: 336-574-0500
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

I decided to go to the place to help me find an apartment. I was getting declined from many properties. I was told there was a $85 fee. I figured I would pay it because I figured it was guaranteed. The same day I was approved at an apartment that wasn't on there list and decided I didn't need the service anymore. I came to the office and advised the lady what had happened. She advised me to call everyday from monday to friday because if i missed a day I would not receive my money. So i started the process and have my phone bill to prove it. After 30 days i returned to the office with my letter stating everything and a copy of my lease to get a parital refund. Now the company refuses to give me back any of my money. I have called 3 times and I get the run around everytime. It is completely unfair and I desire some of my money back. I did not use the services at all.

Michelle
Greensboro, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2004 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/help-u-rent/greensboro-north-carolina/help-u-rent-ripoff-greensboro-north-carolina-1033988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Rip-off businesses count on you to go away without a fight.

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Michelle, don't fool around any longer with these people. Go down to small claims court and file a claim. Then, sit back and wait for the court date. Don't call the company. If they call, demand your $85 and court fees. If not, I'll see you in court. If they don't show, you win by default. You collect by paying for a sheriff to take assets or payment out of their register or bank.

No matter how you do this, you will spend a lot of your time, and get nothing to show for it. The rip-off company is counting on you to just go away mad. The choice is yours. Good luck1