Complaint Review: Hemingway and Associates/The Offices of Hemmingway

• Reported By: Rori — Atlanta Georgia USA
  • Hemingway and Associates/The Offices of Hemmingway

Internet
    USA

Hemingway and Associates/The Offices of Hemmingway The Offices of Hemingway Falsely working as a collection agency for Wachovia (Wells Fargo) Bank New York

Hemingway Associates contacted me on December 30, 2015, claiming to be the 3rd party collection agency working for Wachovia. I set up two scheduled payments with the company to bring my Wachovia account in good standing, and the first was taken out of my account on January 4, 2016. I was scheduled to have a second payment come out of my account on the 14th, but fortunately I didn't have enough funds to cover it so the withdrawl never happended.

I get a call from the real Wachovia collection agency on the morning of January 19th, 2016, stating that they are still awaiting payment from me for the outstanding account. After doing a little research together, my rep informs me of the fact that Hamingway and Associates is a fraudulent company, and that I have been scammed. Luckily I was able to file a claim with my bank to have the charges reversed.

After discovering this information, I contacted the Hemingway group, and asked for my client representative, whom was Maxine Jones. I acted as if I was calling to set up payment for the second time. Once I had my rep on the line, I told her Wachovia never received my money and they informed me that Hemingway was a fraud.She then hung up on me. I called back at least five times before actually speaking with someone, and they were extremely rude, loud, and told me that my rep was "unavailable". I called back again and I was quickly met with "We'll refund your payment but we're calling the sherrif's office." I don't even know what that means.

Needless to stay, I filed a claim with my local police against them. I doubt they'll refund me, but I'm glad I at least caught them before they got anymore money from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2016 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hemingway-and-associatesthe-offices-of-hemmingway/internet/hemingway-and-associatesthe-offices-of-hemmingway-the-offices-of-hemingway-falsely-worki-1280934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content