Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Tue, July 01, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2008

• Reported By:New Prague Minnesota
Hermeris Inc. - Federalpapers.com
4049 Pennsylvania Ave. Suite 100 Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.

Hermeris Inc. - Federalpapers.com Charged me $128 for a free federal EIN and $350 to file a $25 assumed business name!! Kansas City Missouri

*UPDATE Employee: Unfair Critic

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I recently started my own painting company and although I'm great at the labor side of my work I'm truly a beginner when it comes to the paperwork end of the business. I was wrong to think that the internet would be an easy way to take care of some of the things I needed to get done. Little did I know that there was a company out there that charges ridiculous fees to file paperwork that the government does for a minimal fee or even free!

I failed to see the fine print at the bottom of the screen with the name Hermeris Inc. Had I seen it I would have not even gone through with the transaction. Maybe I am too naive but until I got my information in the mail with their name on the cover letter I didn't even realize that it was a company not associated with the government.

Basically they charged me $128 to obtain a federal EIN number which I now find out is free. Then I also was thinking I was saving time by getting my assumed name filed at the same time. This was $350 and after emailing the secretary of state find out is only a $25 filing fee!!

I also could have spent $50 on a rush delivery of the number. It claimed to offer 24hr delivery but I got the number that fast without paying the extra fee anyway!

Conveniently there is no number to call. I am waiting to see if a response will come to my email and fax complaint and demand of a refund

Jo
New Prague, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2008 08:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hermeris-inc-federalpaperscom/kansas-city-missouri-64111/hermeris-inc-federalpaperscom-charged-me-128-for-a-free-federal-ein-and-350-to-file-346543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hermeris Inc. - Federalpapers.com

Unfair Critic

AUTHOR: Hermeris - (U.S.A.)

This company operates a fully-disclosed, fully-compliant document preparation and filing service and does not rip anyone off.

A good way to explain ther service for those who may be confused is in terms of a filing that everyone is familiar with: your annual income tax return. You certainly have the option to prepare and file your taxes by yourself for free, and some people do. But many people choose to hire a specialist to do it for them. Some for the research time and headache that it saves them, and some for the peace of mind of knowing that their documents are being prepared and filed correctly.

We just don't do income tax returns. Instead, our specialty is in new business-related filings like LLC formations, Incorporations, DBA Registrations, and obtaining Federal Tax IDs. Our competitors include lawyers and accountants who can charge thousands of dollars for their time, as well as other web-based self-help services like LegalZoom.com and MyCorporation.com (run by the makers of Quickbooks).

We are truly sorry for your negative experience and ensure you that it is not in line with the experiences of our many satisfied customers over the years.