Report: #1120200

• Hernandez Gold Factory

La Paz, Select State/Province
    Mexico

Hernandez Gold Factory sold me a fake fire opal La Paz, Mexico

I was in Todos Santos Mexico on December 11, 2013 on a tour, with Esperanza tours, the guide's name was Raphael, he steered us to a jewlery store Hernandez Gold Factory near the Hotel California and just behind the restaurant Tequila Sunrise where we had a lovley lunch.

At Hernandez Gold Factory I bought a fire opal ring. When I wore it back in NY the stone fell out of the setting the first day I put it on. When I took it to be reset the jeweler said it was a synthetic man made stone, not a genuine fire opal. I had paid $400 for it. The stone was too large for the setting and the prongs didn't fit so Hernandez Gold Factory had glued it in. I had seen it as a prendant but wanted a ring and they were so eager to sell it they just rigged it the best they could to make the sale.

I then took it to another appraiser in NY who confirmed it was a fake worth about $50 tops.

I have emailed Esperanza tours as I feel that Raphael was unethical and took a fee for steering us there. He shouldnt be allowed to coninute to do this.

I am waiting to hear back from the tour company. I haven't called my credit card company yet, but  I will.

I dont have an address or any contact info for Hernandez Gold Factory.

When I googled Hernadez Gold Factory a compaint on this site came up, so obvioulsy I am not the first person to be ripped off by Hernandez Gold Factory.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2014 08:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hernandez-gold-factory/la-paz-select-stateprovince/hernandez-gold-factory-sold-me-a-fake-fire-opal-la-paz-mexico-1120200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content