Complaint Review: Hertz Car Rental

• Hertz Car Rental
    1001 Westbrook Street
    Portland, Maine
    USA

Hertz Rent a Car Oklahoma City OK. Charged my card, took my money and refused a timely refund and refused to rent their cars. Beware this company must be having financial troubles when it takes over 15 days for a refund to be processed. Portland Maine

I made my reservation on line and my card was charged by Hertz the proper car rental fees. Upon arriving at the rental desk with my confirmation number; customer service said they could not provide a rental car without a return flight? Now keep in mind that the State of Maine is a large rural state with very little public transportation. Upon arriving home from a trip during the day I will rent a car until my auto is pulled out of storage or until my next flight out of town; being about a week.

Of course there was disappointment with not having the car rented and paid for, yet the world is fill with car rental companies. If Hertz car rental company wants to act like a jerk and treat its customers poorly so be it; they no longer have my business or good  word of mouth.

Here is where on tends to gets mad, Hertz refused to issue a refund at the car rental desk. I had to come home and pull my account information up on-line, then make no less than 6 calls and wait on hold for a half an hour; only to be told by Hertz it would take 15 or more days to process my refund. This is how Corporate America and Hertz Rent a Car borrows your money with no interest being paid, yet I lose interests and income when my money is not working in my investments accounts. Hertz is ripping the American Public off by using the public money interest free for 15 plus days and not providing any services or products. This is true white collar crime at its best and do not forget that Hertz Car Rental is engaging in criminal activities next time you go to rent an auto!

I will never rent from Hertz again in less extremely desperate and no other car rental company is available.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2017 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hertz-car-rental/portland-maine-04101/hertz-rent-a-car-oklahoma-city-ok-charged-my-card-took-my-money-and-refused-a-timely-re-1357735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content