Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard - Compaq

• Reported By: Peoria Arizona
  • Hewlett Packard - Compaq
    PO Box 2111, Young America
    Young America, Minnesota

Hewlett Packard - CompaqHewlett Packard - Compaq $!50 Rebate fraud on Compaq Presario computer Young America Minnesota

RE: Failure To Receive Rebate by Offer Date

12/23/2006

To Whom It May Concern:

I am in receipt of your letter declining my rebate.

I purchased a Compaq computer at Fry's Electronics in Phoenix, Arizona. My decision to purchase this product was based upon your offer of a mail-in rebate ("offer"). My purchase of the product constituted my acceptance ("acceptance") of your offer, creating a binding and enforceable contract between us.

I have performed my obligations under the contract. I paid the full purchase price and then proceeded to fill in the rebate form provided by you. I included all information requested to process my rebate, but to date I have not received a check. Instead I have received your letter declining my rebate.

I respectfully demand you process payment and mail it to me at the address indicated within 30 days.

If I do not receive payment in full by (date 30 days from mailing), I will begin legal proceedings against you. Consider this my letter of intent to file a claim against you in a court of law. I have already filed complaint reports with the Federal Trade Commission, the Attorneys General of the states of Arizona and Minnesota, as well as selected consumer advocacy publications and local and state consumer affairs departments including Ripoffreport.com, Plantfeedback.com and the Better Business Bureau.

I am sending copies of this letter to these agencies and organizations to encourage your compliance. I am also filing a report with ConsumerAffairs.Com for inclusion on their Web site.

I have also contacted my credit card company and intend to file a charge back complaint against Fry's Electroncis where I purchased the computer if this issue can not be resolved quickly and to my satisfaction.

Thank you for your prompt attention and resolution of this matter.

Chris
Peoria, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2007 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hewlett-packard-compaq/young-america-minnesota-55553-2111/hewlett-packard-compaqhewlett-packard-compaq-50-rebate-fraud-on-compaq-presario-comp-229197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content